candling eggs

angiebeanboo

Hatching
Apr 17, 2022
I received some eggs that I ordered through the mail yesterday. I let them rest over night, candled them this morning but they don't look right. The liquid around the air pocket looks and moves like water. When you tilt the egg it moves. I've never candled eggs that it this before. Does anyone know if this could be normal or if there is something wrong with these eggs??

Welcome.
Where did you order the eggs from?
It is possible the person since you old eggs... Or it could be the eggs got scrambled in the mail.

Welcome.
Where did you order the eggs from?
It is possible the person since you old eggs... Or it could be the eggs got scrambled in the mail.
Ordered them from ebay. They came from NJ and I'm located in VA. I'm thinking they sent me unfertilized eggs and possibly old ones as well. They all seem to be in the same condition.

Ordered them from ebay. They came from NJ and I'm located in VA. I'm thinking they sent me unfertilized eggs and possibly old ones as well. They all seem to be in the same condition.
You won't know until you set them and see in a few days.

Do you happen to have a link to the seller or the ad that you bought them from?

Welcome to BYC. I think what you're seeing might be "detected" or "jiggly" air cells.
Thanks so much for the video. I was so excited when they arrived. But, sadly it appears that is the condition of my eggs. Since 6 eggs cost me $70 I'll still place them in the incubator and see if by some miracle at least one will take.

Thanks so much for the video. I was so excited when they arrived. But, sadly it appears that is the condition of my eggs. Since 6 eggs cost me $70 I'll still place them in the incubator and see if by some miracle at least one will take.
I just incubated 12 shipped eggs. All had detached or jiggly air cells, so I let them rest for 36 hours, then incubated them vertically. Look for more information on hatching detached air cells.

Back
Top Bottom