candling help?

Amymommy3

Hatching
Dec 12, 2015
Blanco, TX
I am incubating my first hatch of chicken eggs with a Farm Innovator 4200 forced air model with automatic turner. Today is day 7, so I candled and I have found one egg is upside down! Ooops.. the shape was hard to tell the fat end when we put it in. The air space is on the bottom and the moving chick and blood vessels are on top. I stuck it back the way it was. So is this a problem? Should I flip him over or just see what happens? Currently has 35-40% humidity and temp pretty consistently at 99-100. On the exciting side, I had 19/22 alive... for my first time.. I wasn't sure what to expect. I better build a bigger brooder~!

Last year was my first time hatching also (sadly none hatch though I had an amazing experience). I think I would put the egg in the way it originally was so the chick is not disturbed or positioned even worse in the egg when it comes to hatching time.

Update: I did end up flipping my upside down egg and it hatched fine. I ended up with 16 chicks from my 19 eggs. One died today though, suddenly. Poopy butt.. I had to read up on that... Had never heard of it before. So much to learn!

Back
Top Bottom