Candling my egg thick dark spot above the little air spot.

So sorry. :hugs One baby chick wouldn't have been very happy anyways. Hopefully you can try again soon.
Yes next step buy an incubator and go somewhere to buy some eggs that I know have a chance in hatching I cooked the egg with my homemade one so I guess you learn from every mistake!! When I broke it open it was pretty much a hard boiled egg.

So here are the pictures it got me thinking that what if it isn't a chicken egg bc it was in my dog's mouth so hopefully that is what it is. I'm not sure if other eggs can resemble chicken eggs that would be scary honestly!! Depending on what it was if it isn't.

Haha! Yes. It /could/ be a stork's egg and be around that size and white. This would be alarming and horrifying and also a wildlife crime, though I'm totally with you. I'd want to incubate any random egg my dog brought me if that happened.

Are you sure it wasn't a hard-boiled egg to begin with? Seems like random hens eggs that get dropped for dogs to find in neighborhoods would likely be hard boiled eggs from somebody's sack lunch.

Are you sure it wasn't a hard-boiled egg to begin with? Seems like random hens eggs that get dropped for dogs to find in neighborhoods would likely be hard boiled eggs from somebody's sack lunch.
At this point I'm not sure I'm just going to do it the right way next time around but there are numerous people who have chickens around me had a neighbor complain about my dogs being in there yards with chickens. I had to fix my fence and start chaining my dogs up when the go out bc my dog came back with the egg the same day they came to me about them getting in to the yard

Back
Top Bottom