Candling: what's this dark spot?

Yato

Hatching
Oct 15, 2016
Hi, today it was turning and candling my button quail eggs at the end of day 9 and I noticed this weird dark patch and according to candling pictures I found online, it does not look like the embryo, instead it looks like a smear inside the shell... I also don't think it was there when I had candled last time, 1 day ago (had to take out an infected stinky egg). What does this spot mean? Could it possible be that my incubator overheated for a short period of time 3 days ago? Sorry, I'm a newbie, this is my first time incubating >.>.

Sorry for the bad quality pic, but it's basically pointing out the dark spot on the lower part of the egg. It's detached from the rest of the dark area.

All help is appreciated, thank you :)

Unfortunately it's too hard to tell from the picture. Does the dark spot sort of float around inside the egg like the embryo does?

Unfortunately it's too hard to tell from the picture. Does the dark spot sort of float around inside the egg like the embryo does?

It seemed sort of like a stain, I saw it on 2 of the eggs. It didn't float around and I don't believe it is an embryo And it appeared to be stuck in the one part of the egg. It didn't have much depth, if I candled it from another angle on the egg, I could not see the spot. It's been 2 days, and now and I don't see it anymore because it's being covered by what is most likely the embryo. Thanks ^.^

Back
Top Bottom