Candling!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Chickengal505, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Chickengal505

Chickengal505 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    I just candeled my 42 eggs and I found about 4 un-fertels [​IMG] Oh well I got to watch the others MOVE!!! They are so ugly but SO CUTE at the same time [​IMG] I'm on day 11 and I cant wait for the 16th (my hatch date) I cant see my EE's because my lil' hen lays her egg shells so thick [​IMG] little bugger don't she know that I cant see those cutes through thick green egg shells? [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
  2. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    I enjoyed candling for the first time!! It was so amazing how fast they grow in such a short time!! Good luck on your hatch, one batch of mine just went on lockdown today!! [​IMG]

3. Chickengal505

Chickengal505 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    [​IMG] good luck on your hatch barred babys I'm being so OCD right now I made a cart with 6 rectangles on it, these represent the trays in my turner. In each rectangle are 7 circles, those are my eggs. If a circle is colored green it means fertail and moving. Black/blue means I can't tell and red means unfertail. I have 3 of the six rectangles finished. I stoped after that because I was afaid they would get cold. 12 are green, 5 are blue/black and four are red [​IMG] that sounds okay... thats good I'd honsetly be happy with one. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Edited because the cat stepped on the key board while I was fixing spelling errors [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
  4. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    three more days!

How's it going?

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by