cannot figure out what I am doing wrong

justtoni44

Songster
9 Years
Mar 13, 2010
oregon
Have Serama eggs in the inc.....day 21 yesterday.
Just went through this with another batch.....(last hatch)
6 of the 12 looked full term on day 18....
My temps and humidity have been OK.
Maybe I went to low on humidity.35 to 40 days 1 to 18
Of course had sterilized the inc and ran for two days prior to setting eggs.............
Have been running 55 to 60 in lockdown...............
bumped it to 65 this afternoon....
I just don't get it.......
I am heart sick and going nuts trying to figure it out...........
Shipped eggs.well packaged..................
I want to check the eggs but am afraid to open the incubator.
Any thoughts or help would really be appreciated.......................
I keep thinking.maybe they are late but last hatch there were 4 developed that appeared to have died during lockdown.
Oh and yes I calibated a new hydometer.....
Thanks

Serama eggs are really hard to hatch, plus they're shipped. Get another thermometer/hygrometer. I keep three per incubator and they all read differently so I average the three and go about it that way. Hang in there, I've been doing this for two and a half years and am just now getting it.
lol.png
love.gif

You sure they are not just a late hatch?>? what day are you on again? I have read on here don't give up till at least day 25 some say 28 even tht is if they don't smell if they have an odor then they are bad Its always a gamble with shipped eggs. but still you should def allow yourself the awesome experience of hatching your own babies......there is nothing like it watching them hatch don't give up....How far away from you did the eggs ship from? IF it was fairly far try gettin them from someone closer to you i have read on here that will help in the hatch rate as well. Keep us posted!!
hugs.gif
fl.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom