Canola Protein?

If you want your mayo to keep longer in the fridge, keep it out on the counter for 4-8hrs before refrigerating(I know it sounds wrong, but it is an important step for preservation).

Good luck!!

Try 1/2 sesame oil and 1/2 expeller pressed coconut oil. Since coconut oil goes very firm below 76F, using half coconut oil produces a mayo that is very thick and "scoopable".

All awesome tips! (I've edited the posts down since they're right there for people to read ...). Have either of you tried mayo made with duck eggs?

I've made it the "whole egg" method before, and it worked just as well for me.

I hadn't been cooking with oil for years and years, so haven't had a big choice of oils on my shelf. Now I do tend to keep coconut oil on hand as well as olive oil. I may have a little sunflower oil I used for a dried prune recipe (yummy!) ... It's probably time to give home-made mayo another whirl!

All awesome tips! (I've edited the posts down since they're right there for people to read ...). Have either of you tried mayo made with duck eggs?

I've made it the "whole egg" method before, and it worked just as well for me.

I hadn't been cooking with oil for years and years, so haven't had a big choice of oils on my shelf. Now I do tend to keep coconut oil on hand as well as olive oil. I may have a little sunflower oil I used for a dried prune recipe (yummy!) ... It's probably time to give home-made mayo another whirl!
Not with duck eggs, my wife is allergic to duck egg so we don't use them fro eating.

Chris

If you opt for sesame oil, make sure it isn't the typical toasted sesame oil, it has a VERY strong taste. Most don't even say toasted, they are just darker in color.

I buy sesame oil for stir fry and fried rice because I want the flavor, a Tbsp flavors a whole meal.

Back
Top Bottom