Can't afford to donate money this year, so I improvised!

Now that I've started and it feels so good, I think it may become an annual tradition.

Sally, what a wonderful thing to do. I would love to grow my hair out long again so I could donate to Locks of Love but sadly God has seen fit to give me old man's molt.

Quote:
Gonna throw a knife at yourself in the mirror? YIKES!

hide.gif
while Saddina cuts her hair....

lau.gif

Ok that was FUNNY!!!!!
lol.png

Quote:
Gonna throw a knife at yourself in the mirror? YIKES!

hide.gif
while Saddina cuts her hair....

lau.gif

Ok that was FUNNY!!!!!
lol.png

It was. You should see the comments when I mentioned butchering my birds...
gig.gif

Last time I had Dh use poultry shears, then the salon did the rest (once I had a gal cut it normally, and they can't use hair from the floor, so I cut the braid off and then go in).

Ack! I didn't think to braid it first! Will they still want it?

That's one of the reasons I was happy to let it go- too much work to braid!

DH used my mother's sewing shears- she is still rolling in her grave......
lau.gif
Her portrait was right next to me on the wall- I SWEAR I heard her say "It's about time, women your age shouldn't have long hair." That was a running conversation between us!

Okay Mom, you win- until it grows again!
gig.gif

Quote:
No it doesn't have to be braided, but it has to be cut off in 1 piece (instead of cut like a salon where they do a section at a time. Since it's about 18 months to grow 12 inches, I was a bit annoyed I said I was donating and they didn't take it as a whole.

My mom did that too!

Also last year a couple girls (sisters) from our kids' school did too.

If our girl decides to cut her long hair that's prolly what we'll do.
(I let the kids choose their hair since they're the ones washing it and dealing with tangles, styling, etc)

I haven't had hair past my shoulders since I was 15 so I've not had the chance to do it, but it's a consideration.

That is ubersweet of you to help out with such a worthy program!!

Back
Top Bottom