Can't crack this one

Chickenheadmate

Songster
6 Years
Mar 4, 2018
Mansfield, TX
Question:
So you know that clap/flap sound makes when your slides/sandals hit the bottom of your foot?
Why do my rooster and cockerel start attacking my slides when they hear this?Almost sound like flapping wings.
In their mind does the sound trigger something?

I only do it because it muddy. Lol
Don't have any sneakers in condition for that.
But you should, I almost want to say your roo will notice. I mean not like I trained both mine to act in that way.

That’s a good question. Are the shoes brightly colored maybe? It could be the sound. There’s no sound that never works my pigs. Not the sound of gunshots airhorns or any type of power tools except when they hear a chainsaw. They start running towards it and barking like they want to attack. Maybe certain sounds set off certain animals. Quite interesting

Nope. They are black.
That’s a good question. Are the shoes brightly colored maybe? It could be the sound. There’s no sound that never works my pigs. Not the sound of gunshots airhorns or any type of power tools except when they hear a chainsaw. They start running towards it and barking like they want to attack. Maybe certain sounds set off certain animals. Quite interesting

Maybe it is the sound Now you’ve got me tempted to want to try this around my chickens. But the fact the temperatures are in the 40s prevents me from doing so at the moment. LOL

Barn boots, not sandals!!!
If your boys are attacking you, not just your sandals, that's not good at all. Don't accept excuses for bad behavior, but flip-flops aren't meant to be out there!
Mary

Back
Top Bottom