*Can't decide if it's gapeworm or upper respiratory cold*

Thank you much. I didn't realise you can give that orally. I knew I had some of that in my cabinet and I looked and just saw it expired in January! The nearest one is about 50 minutes from me, but I ordered the powder form, and they said it will ship out tomorrow. I can't wait to get it, and I'll have to see how it works. Thank you so much for all of your help! I'll update you and tell you how she's doing once she starts on her medicine..

Have you given it orally to your birds as well, and if so, do you just take it out of the bottle using a needle, then squirt it into a small container and use a different dropper to put it in their mouth? Does this make sense?
I would use expired Tylan if it was 5 months expired, especially since it is going to be given orally.

Could I soak it on a piece of bread and give it to her that way?

Thank you much. I didn't realise you can give that orally. I knew I had some of that in my cabinet and I looked and just saw it expired in January! The nearest one is about 50 minutes from me, but I ordered the powder form, and they said it will ship out tomorrow. I can't wait to get it, and I'll have to see how it works. Thank you so much for all of your help! I'll update you and tell you how she's doing once she starts on her medicine..

Have you given it orally to your birds as well, and if so, do you just take it out of the bottle using a needle, then squirt it into a small container and use a different dropper to put it in their mouth? Does this make sense?

Could I soak it on a piece of bread and give it to her that way?
You could put it on bread and see if she will take it that way. My understanding is Tylan50 does not taste very good. If she is like mine, they "know" you are wanting them to eat whatever it is and refuse. LOL

All the needles and syringes I have used have a twist lock. The capped needle you put on the end of the syringe, turn and lock it, take off the cap, draw up your medication, put the cap back on, then twist (unlocked) back off, then just syringe the medication directly into the beak.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...er-construction-check-back-for-updates.73335/

Ok good, so I'm not actually putting the needle in her mouth and hoping she doesn'ive suddenly. thank goodness! So I'm buying some medicine tomorrow and giving it to her.

You could put it on bread and see if she will take it that way. My understanding is Tylan50 does not taste very good. If she is like mine, they "know" you are wanting them to eat whatever it is and refuse. LOL

All the needles and syringes I have used have a twist lock. The capped needle you put on the end of the syringe, turn and lock it, take off the cap, draw up your medication, put the cap back on, then twist (unlocked) back off, then just syringe the medication directly into the beak.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...er-construction-check-back-for-updates.73335/

Back
Top Bottom