can't even give muscovies away :(

spish

De Regenboog Kippetjes
13 Years
Apr 7, 2010
Belgium
my muscovies managed to brood out a few more chicks than id have liked this year...i managed to sell 50+ day olds at €1 each but now...6 months down the line, i cant shift the rest that are now big ol' duckies

i have 26 'scovies and need to cut that down to about 10 at the most, so fter placing for sale ads had no luck, i offered them free to a good home. 3 weeks on not a single bit of interest
sad.png
with food prices gone up and me wanting to make room for some other breeds (rescues) i need them gone

anyone else have trouble shifting muscovies at this time of year?

I would think that a 6 month old Muscovy would be prime to sell as a roasting duck.

In my area, nobody is taking on a pet that eats this time of year. It's the opposite. They are trying to get rid of anything that has to be fed over the winter. Feed prices have gotten too high and people are trying to cut back and not feed anything that isn't producing.

I think the "good home" part is only going to add to your problem. If you don't want to feed a bunch of birds over the winter that aren't serving a purpose, you'll be hard pressed to find anyone else who will want to.

Back
Top Bottom