Can't find Batryl

CoopedChik

Chirping
8 Years
May 24, 2011
Louisville Kentucky
I was perscribed Batryl to treat my ill flock of bantams. The vet said I could find it at any tractor supply store but none of them carry it or have heard of it. I can't find it any where but I bought Tylan instead because it seems to cover the same things but I am scared to give it to the flock until I know for sure it is safe and I can not contact my vet until thursday. And also the medication is being ministered via drinking water. So pleas if you don't mind helping me I'd greatly appreciate it.

I was perscribed Batryl to treat my ill flock of bantams. The vet said I could find it at any tractor supply store but none of them carry it or have heard of it. I can't find it any where but I bought Tylan instead because it seems to cover the same things but I am scared to give it to the flock until I know for sure it is safe and I can not contact my vet until thursday. And also the medication is being ministered via drinking water. So pleas if you don't mind helping me I'd greatly appreciate it.

If you are dealing with a respiratory illness, tylan 50 injectable works well. The injectable can be administered orally as well as injected. Orally, dosage is 1/2cc for standards and 1/4cc for smaller birds. Dose once a day for 5 days.
If you're injecting, same dosage as orally, inject into the breast muscle alternating breasts each day but not in the same spot. Inject once a day for 3 days.

If you are dealing with a respiratory illness, tylan 50 injectable works well. The injectable can be administered orally as well as injected. Orally, dosage is 1/2cc for standards and 1/4cc for smaller birds. Dose once a day for 5 days.
If you're injecting, same dosage as orally, inject into the breast muscle alternating breasts each day but not in the same spot. Inject once a day for 3 days.

Thank you so much for that, It was very helpful of you. It's a sinus/respiratory infection according to the vet mostly sinus infection. So I'm hoping this should help.

Back
Top Bottom