Can't find middle temperature.

Lucy Brown

Songster
Dec 31, 2020
Orange, California
The incubator says 102.3 and my thermostat said 99.8, but when i woke up in the morning, I was panicked because the temperature was 0.6 degrees off. It was supposed to be at 99.5 but it was at 100.1. I'm afriaid the change in temperature is going to kill the eggs. Anyone help?

Assuming you have chickens the temp in the incubator is safe anywhere from 99.5 -100.5

turn the temperature down on the incubator by 0.6 degrees. Look in the instruction manual on how to set the incubator temperature.
Before temperatures have stabilized completely the temp can still rise by this much over night this is why it is so important to have the incubator running for 24 hours first to make sure you are happy it stays stable.
I'm sure it just grdually increased the last bit overnight and should have stabilized when you checked it last so just decrease temps again and you'll be back on track

0.6F is nothing to worry about, and 100.1F should be perfectly fine (although better to on the colder siden than the warmer side).

A more important question is whether you are confident about the thermometer reading being correct

turn the temperature down on the incubator by 0.6 degrees. Look in the instruction manual on how to set the incubator temperature.
Before temperatures have stabilized completely the temp can still rise by this much over night this is why it is so important to have the incubator running for 24 hours first to make sure you are happy it stays stable.
I'm sure it just grdually increased the last bit overnight and should have stabilized when you checked it last so just decrease temps again and you'll be back on track
Thank you. I think it goes accordingly to the temperature in the house.

Back
Top Bottom