CAN'T GET HUNIDITY UP

momofsamjontori

In the Brooder
11 Years
Nov 1, 2008
sad.png
I have Hub-obator and I can not get my hunidity above 57 - put in sponge and poured 5-6 oz of water and will not go above 57% HELP - I can hear my babies in there!!!!
sad.png

I use a sponge in a butter tub lid and haven't had any issues with getting it up in mine. I know some people wet a sock and put that it in to get it up. Remember it's the wet surface area that counts....not the amount of water you add, so make sure you've got the water in the tray in one of the bigger spaces...not a narrow one. It you just can't get it any higher, 57% is probably going to be ok.

I fill all the little slots at the bottom and then put a coffee cup of water in. Mine is sitting at about 69% right now. Oh and put the plugs in the holes.

If possible, check a second hygrometer. I thought mine was extrememly low this time...only to check a second hygro and find it up to 70%.
idunno.gif

Try adding a wet sponge, also check with another hum gauge if possiable !! The hum will rise on its own when the first chick hatches, 57% isent to bad !!

Maybe if you spelled in huMidity it would go higher.
gig.gif
Sorry, couldn't help myself. I'm in a goofy mood.

Do you have room for a second tray with a second sponge? I had to do that in my old still air incubator. Also, make sure there is water standing around the sponge, not just the sponge wet, that seems to help.

And definitely don't plug the holes if they are near hatching! The air circulation is very important.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom