1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Can't get thermostat set in homemade bator. Help??

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by HumanChirpyMama, Nov 11, 2014.

1. HumanChirpyMama

HumanChirpyMama Out Of The Brooder

Nov 11, 2014
    bradford, NY
    Hey y'all. My mom and I have been hard at work building our own incubator the past few days, and we have it all set up except for the temp regulator. It's a standard issue hot water tank thermostat. We spent almost five hours trying to get it within range and it seems to be all but impossible. Anyone else have similar problems/advice on the situation?

2. Aphrael

Aphrael Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2013
    Texas
    There are lots of videos on youtube of people showing what they do to get lower temp swings with WHTs. You might find some good pointers there. I don't have any personal experience to offer as I gave up on the WHT after struggling with it for a day and a half. I threw up my hands in disgust and ordered an STC-1000. So very happy I did. I know a LOT of people get fantastic results with the WHT, it just wasn't happening for me. I hope you get some good tips from youtube or from others here and can get it working well for you. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by