Can't hatch duck eggs to save my life...

Quote:
Ok...that's what I'm gonna try this time....I had my Still air at 102 degrees...this is what Storey's Guide recommends...what do you think for temp? My chicken eggs were at 100-102 and hatched well every time.

Ok...setting tomorrow at 100 degrees...because it's still air and keeping humidity at 55-60 then up to 80 at lockdown? Sound good??

NYRIR, you sure are a worrier!
big_smile.png
I feel your pain though. The advice given above has been great. The humidity and temps and been the same given by most other people with successful hatches. My advice is the same as the rest. 50-55% to start, then 80 (maybe a little higher, for hatching) for the humidity, and try and maintain 99.5 for the heat. I have just had my first hatch and 2 out of 6 servived! Which is great considering I couldnt get my humidity above 73%!!! I lost four which was sad but the two I did get are crazy little guys and I love them so much. Just have faith in yourself and dont give up! Keep trying, keep trying and ummmm KEEP TRYING! TRUST ME, the feeling you get from seeing them hatch and bounce around the brooder will be well worth all your hard work! Just keep your chin up and give it another go, and dont stop until you have tiny balls of fluff keeping you up at night because you just cant help peaking in to see if they are ok!!!
big_smile.png
You will have success one day NYRIR, I promise, you just have to keep the faith!
hugs.gif

Quote:
Thank you! Yes, I do worry
smile.png
But it's frustrating and I want to be successful at hatching DUCK eggs as well as chicken eggs! Thanks for your advice
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom