Can't wait to get started

I actually have a question...what age are the pullets usually at tractor supply? Young enough to still need to heat lamp I'm assuming?
At my TSC they come in as day olds. Then if they don't sell right away they put them on sale. But, I never get my chicks from them, so I don't know how old they might get while waiting for their forever homes. I would assume they would still need heat.

At my TSC they come in as day olds. Then if they don't sell right away they put them on sale. But, I never get my chicks from them, so I don't know how old they might get while waiting for their forever homes. I would assume they would still need heat.
I wanted to go a different route then tractor supply but all the hatcheries and even smaller farms in my area have a10 chick minimum and I'm only allowed 4 on my property and then I'm raising 3 for my MIL at the same time and I don't want to mess with rehoming the others and trying to pick who to keep cus then I'll love them all and be tempted to keep them

I wanted to go a different route then tractor supply but all the hatcheries and even smaller farms in my area have a10 chick minimum and I'm only allowed 4 on my property and then I'm raising 3 for my MIL at the same time and I don't want to mess with rehoming the others and trying to pick who to keep cus then I'll love them all and be tempted to keep them
That makes sense. I do buy mine from a local farm store, Wilco, just not TSC. I think you will love raising the chicks!!!

Back
Top Bottom