1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Caponizing kits

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by cassie, Mar 28, 2009.

1. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    Someone mentioned they got a caponizing kit from Nasco and it wasn't worth a hoot. Just curious. Was it made in Pakistan? We got some hoof trimmers from Nasco once that turned out to be manufactured in Pakistan. They wouldn't even trim the feet of a four month old baby goat.

2. exsia

exsia Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2009
    Damascus, Oregon
    idk, but i just ordered 1 last week from nasco for my mom. I'll let you know once it arrives. Hummm, wonder if it's too late to cancel my order?

3. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    Don't cancel your order. You might be able to get it to work. Keep me posted. Please!!

4. wisdom_seeker

wisdom_seeker Out Of The Brooder

Sep 27, 2008
    CT
    Some of the tools say Pakistan on them. It looked to me like this is the same kit that is sold by McMurry. I will still give it a try.

5. exsia

exsia Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2009
    Damascus, Oregon
    Yeah, it looked just like the kits sold by MMH and other online supply stores, but it was almost $20 cheaper. I'll let you know when it gets here [​IMG]

6. exsia

exsia Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2009
    Damascus, Oregon
    I received the kit this morning and here are a few pictures:

the kit in it's entirety
    [​IMG]

the two pieces marked "stainless pakistan"
    [​IMG]

The two tools in the last picture are the only pieces marked with a possible country of origin. All the tools seem sturdy enough (definitely not brain surgery material) [​IMG]

7. eggchel

eggchel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Dec 26, 2006
    Both Coasts
    Keep us updated on how the caponizing works out.

8. exsia

exsia Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2009
    Damascus, Oregon
    Will do, but it wont be me doing to deed [​IMG] My parents used to do it on their own chickens way back when in another country. I'll just leave the messy stuff to the pros. And I'll spare you the graphic pictures [​IMG]

9. TexasLady

TexasLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2012
    Wish I could see one graphic picture and that is what the testicle looks like sitting inside the bird. I'm wanting badly to caponize the many roos I got with the hens, but I am afraid to start the operation. I just don't know if I can find the parts I want.

10. capons

capons Out Of The Brooder

Jul 25, 2012
    chinese
    I know where there are 10 seconds tool to castrate a chicken

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by