Cardboard as temporary sheathing?

tenderkat

Songster
10 Years
Mar 5, 2009
Foothills west of Denver
Yes, I know this is late in the season, but I have spent the last month scrounging up used/salvaged materials to finish off my coop interior. Just in time for our coldsnap, I have gotten some used faced fiberglass batts. I can't get anything to sheath it until the weekend, so I am hoping to use cardboard stapled over the studs, as a temporary distraction against my girls eating the insulation. Okay to do this?

That's funny..........when I've gone out to feed my girls bread pieces, Helen goes after the plastic bags. She could care less about the bread!!

Hopefully, I won't have any carboard eaters!!

Speaking of insulation...............does it really matter how neatly I put the stuff into the cavities? Since I'm dealing with used stuff, and freezing hands, I am hoping to be able to fit it in as snug as possible, but I don't want to have to worry about stapling it to the studs perfectly and such. I know this might diminish the R-Value, but after I sheath it, won't it be better than nothing?

Quote:
If there are chicken inspectors who come around and look to see how neatly you've insulated your coop, keep them away from me!! Of course, whatever you do will be better than nothing... I wouldn't worry about it.
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom