cardboard box incubator DIY

gimmie birdies

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Feb 12, 2013
Eastern WA
(Not asking if it would work, I know it will, just showing.) I made a small DIY cardboard box incubator. I am letting it test run, for a few days. I have some eggs I hope are fertile from my birds. and I have eggs coming next week. This was a fast thrown together incubator. I am going to dry hatch the first 18 days. I have dry hatched before with cardboard.
ina.PNG

Sonos box 10x10? maybe 9x9'' I cut a hole to turn eggs, and put a glass pic frame over the hole for a window to the temp. I put a piece of card board on with screw to hold door closed tighter, and more cardboard on back side of screw to hold in place. The lamp is a clam lamp from hardware store with clamp and sheild taken off, but in side it is not touching anything. Bulb is 15 w. not super hot but will get the job done.
I poked holes in box for air, if it gets too hot, I can poke more.
I put a mini quilt at bottom,
inb.PNG

Bulb cord taped to lid cord space hanging down. not touching anything or going anywhere.

Last edited:
I made a small DIY cardboard box incubator. I am letting it test run, for a few days. I have some eggs I hope are fertile from my birds. and I have eggs coming next week. This was a fast thrown together incubator. I am going to dry hatch the first 18 days. I have dry hatched before with cardboard.
View attachment 2615171
Sonos box 10x10? maybe 9x9'' I cut a hole to turn eggs, and put a glass pic frame over the hole for a window to the temp. I put a piece of card board on with screw to hold door closed tighter, and more cardboard on back side of screw to hold in place. The lamp is a clam lamp from hardware store with clamp and sheild taken off, but in side it is not touching anything. Bulb is 15 w.
I poked holes in box for air, if it gets too hot, I can poke more.
I put a mini quilt at bottom,
View attachment 2615190
Still air? Is the 15 watt bulb gonna put enough heat? You still should check humidity levels even though your doing a dry hatch. Some of the heat produced by the bulb will absorb into the cardboard. Just checking.

I have a regular incubator, but if I have an over flow egg situation, and now it looks like a staggered hatch, I have a few incubators to hatch from and work with.

Back
Top Bottom