Caring for Ducklings

ChickAficianado

Chirping
7 Years
Sep 2, 2012
Texas
Im caring for ducks that were abandoned by the mom. They seem to be doing alright, but I haven't noticed a dip in their feed level. If they're eating, it's not much. I've had them for two days. They have electrolytes in their water. Is there anything I can do to get them to eat?

Make sure your brooder temp is correct for their age. The temp should be about 90 and then decrease by 5 degrees each week. Are you feeding them crumbles? If so, drop a few on a white paper towel in front of them. This should get them interested by pecking at the spots. If you aren't feeding crumbles, you need to feed a non medicated chick starter crumbles or Purina Flockraiser. What kind of ducks?

Make sure your brooder temp is correct for their age. The temp should be about 90 and then decrease by 5 degrees each week. Are you feeding them crumbles? If so, drop a few on a white paper towel in front of them. This should get them interested by pecking at the spots. If you aren't feeding crumbles, you need to feed a non medicated chick starter crumbles or Purina Flockraiser. What kind of ducks?
Thanks. I put some food out on a paper towel last night. I didn't stick around, but the food bowl appeared a little lower this morning.

I'm not sure what kind of ducks they are (have another thread on it). Maybe Mallards. Maybe Black Bellied Whistling Ducks.

Back
Top Bottom