Carpenter Bee

I have them bad too, in the building right behind where Im putting my coop. My mom had luck setting out shallow big dishes of water, they drown in them. The only way I could find to get rid of them is when they are dormant, spray bee killer in each hole and fill with calking or spray foam. It takes alot of time but its the best way from what I can find. My grandmother had them sprayed last year and it took care of them but they are back this year.

I have them too. They have bored all through my window frames, so I just take some putty and cover up their holes (since I can't really afford to have someone come out and take care of them) and they seem to go away.

I hadn't even finished my coop and they were all over! Now it seems like every time I'm out at the coop, there are at least 3 or 4 of them buzzing around trying to figure out what to destroy next.
barnie.gif
I would like to know how to shoo them off too!
smile.png
One person has mentioned a spray. What spray?

Are they aggressive? We have one hanging out by our deck and it dive bombs me whenever I let the dog out... I'm about sick of it, not to mention the 2 inch long hornets that live at the park next to our house in the summer. Is there a safe way to get rid of these?? Anyone?

We had one on our carport when we lived in Ga. It would dive bomb me everytime I would try to get in or out of my car. Then one night I tried to think of some way to get rid of it but I didn't have any bug spray so I got a piece of duck tape and stuck a piece over the hole. Boy the next morning it was mad you could hear it buzzing and by the afternoon it had almost eaten a hole in the duck tape so I stuck another piece over it. I waited a couple weeks and took it down. No more carpenter bee and a new use for duck tape.

Quote:
Are you sure that those two inch hornets in the park next to your house aren't Japanese Hornets? Now those ARE aggressive. They will attack you in a heart beat if you bother them. My son was attacked my one two years ago. It left bruises the size of golf balls and holes the size of a writing pen tip all over his legs. It was terrible. Those we DO exterminate at all cost by pouring gasoline on their holes at night and lighting them up. If they are coming from the park, I would report it to your city to see if they can do something about them. They (the hornets) will also take out a honey bee hive.

As for the carpenter bee dive bombing you, just take a paper plate or a board out with you and smack the bee really good. This usually will make them leave you alone. I have also found a spray bottle to work.

Back
Top Bottom