cat attacked baby chick

. You'll need to make sure they're getting the food and water they need if they can't move on their own or even if they're just having difficulty doing so. Put electrolytes (something like save a chick I think it's called) in their water to give them a boost while they heal.
Okay this is what i’m doing, thank you! i am keeping him with another chick i rescued, he would be crying if he were to be alone & they spend a good time together & it doesn’t seem to cause any problems so i think it’s okay :)

He was walking today but with his injured leg in a fist, i was thinking about trying something like this on his footsie to possibly give him more support while walking, i tried to gently extend his toes and he didn’t seem to be in pain so i thought about this, but i wanted to see what y’all thought :thumbsup
1618267226959.jpeg

Shouldn't hurt to try.
i’ll give it a try tomorrow, after examining his leg, i think the damage is on his upper leg area under his wing, i was pressing along his leg to see where it hurt and yep that was the area, not sure if its nerve damage or tissue damage or any of the above i just know it’s that area, that would explain why his wing was hurting

Cats, as well as dogs and other predators have gram negative bacteria in their mouths. Bites from them, especially in smaller animals (birds, rodents, etc) can very quickly cause a massive infection or sepsis. Watch the leg for any swelling and infection. He will likely need antibiotics.

image.jpg
6DB0D1B4-7A3F-4B01-AE31-B890EF3C5ECE.jpeg

tried the footsie thing but didn’t help much with his walking since he drags his leg back or hops with the other :idunno

1618609903361.jpeg

little update: garlic cant properly walk due to his bent foot but he eats and drinks normally, seems happy, is able to fly and balance and runs around with a limp but he seems to enjoy life :)

767E924B-CEEA-4A00-B7A3-2C069237AC54.jpeg
any ideas on what i could do for his foot? seems to be from all the pressure of walking around on his fist, not sure how to help him though:idunno

Back
Top Bottom