Cat has been throwing up fairly often and not sure why...

I think I will try a little wet food. My roommate and I would feed wet food but more as a treat. We originally rescued them and I think they were primarily wet food cats before we got them because hearing a can opener they are immediately at your heals begging. Should we feed wet food along with their normal food or wet food every few days?

For our dry food we try to get the food that the first 5 ingredients are meat and not animal by product or corn.

I don't think it is hair balls. His puke is just all cat food. It doesn't even smell like vomit just food. Our long hair boy is fine and I would think he would be the one having the problems but he is completely fine. Only our one boy is having issues. I'll watch his water intake. I don't think he has been drink excessively but I will keep an eye on this.

Good news! Mr.Chooch hasn't thrown up in almost 2 full days! I haven't been able to get wet cat food or hair ball medicine but got an idea. Like some have recommended feed wet cat food. Since I didn't have any I tried soaking their dry food in water and keeping on my radiator to keep it slightly warm. After it was completely soaked through I gave it to my two cats. They were a bit confused at first but then happily ate it. We watched and he didn't puke right after. Yay! I'm guessing he would wolf down the dry food in large amounts then shortly after it would expand in his stomach and it would be so full he would throw it back up. I will be soaking their food for now then adding wet food to their diet. I'm going to get something taste like chicken broth to soak it in so it will be more appetizing for them. I'll keep everyone updated. Hopefully this has solved the puking problem :)

Yeah! So glad to hear he is better.
Be careful when changing food with your cats. We had to make a sudden change once to a new brand and both cats were sick for a week. (The newly opened bag of cat food was ripped open and consumed by our lab - 16 pounds of cat food in less than 15 minutes - and the store was completely OUT of that brand of food until the next delivery two weeks later.) Since then we mix the new food into the old - slowly increasing the new and decreasing the old until the old is gone.

Back
Top Bottom