Cat problems...

Cupcake1243

Songster
Jul 20, 2020
England
Hi, OK so I know this is not to do with chickens but I really need to know why my cat is so clingy... He fell out of a first story bedroom a few days ago and we think he is healing. We took him to the vets and he had pain killers so he is back to playing and fighting but he is really clingy even now! Whenever we leave the room he cries and he is either at our feet or in our hands. He wont sleep or rest without someone being there and he was never like that before. If you start stroking him then stop, he cries and looks at you.. Is this normal or should something be done about it???
Thanks!

Ummmm.. if I fell out of a window and had to go to 'hospital' I might be a bit clingy too :)
I would give him lots of cuddles, love and reassurance, he is still scared of what happened. Give him time....

Ummmm.. if I fell out of a window and had to go to 'hospital' I might be a bit clingy too :)
I would give him lots of cuddles, love and reassurance, he is still scared of what happened. Give him time....
Ok thanks! But the only problem now is that when you hold him he cries and scratches to get down but when he is on the floor he cries too... I dunno what is wrong but the only good thing is his leg is healing :)

Ok thanks! But the only problem now is that when you hold him he cries and scratches to get down but when he is on the floor he cries too... I dunno what is wrong but the only good thing is his leg is healing :)
If he's crying all the time maybe he has some broken bones and is in pain....check in with the vet, give them a call

If he's crying all the time maybe he has some broken bones and is in pain....check in with the vet, give them a call
Yes we thought that but then again when he is not asleep or in our arms his limp goes and he is running around like crazy but then his limp comes back...

Sounds like he is just confused and having anxiety either from the accident itself or from the painkillers. Id put him in a cage big enough for a little litter pan and bed, like a dog crate, until he is recovered

Sounds like he is just confused and having anxiety either from the accident itself or from the painkillers. Id put him in a cage big enough for a little litter pan and bed, like a dog crate, until he is recovered
ok good idea. he is getting better now but still running round like crazy

Back
Top Bottom