chickenbritt5908

Songster
Nov 20, 2019
Oklahoma
Random thought I had today while scrolling through amazon.. has anyone ever put a cat tree in their coop or run for their chickens? I thought how cool would that be? Remove the carpet of course for cleanliness reasons.

Random thought I had today while scrolling through amazon.. has anyone ever put a cat tree in their coop or run for their chickens? I thought how cool would that be? Remove the carpet of course for cleanliness reasons.
One other thing I repurposed a ladder from an old bunk bed that mine seem to like just to throw an idea out there.

I had a cat brush tower... thing. It had plastic brush pads on the inside, and a curved top. The cats didn’t like it, so my mom had me put it outside for the chickens. The chickens didn’t care for it either, so it’s out there somewhere left in the mud. If you get a real cat scratching post/tower, I’m sure it would make a good coop addition, but you’d have to weigh it down so it doesn’t fall on your birds.

My coop is built inside our horse barn. They’re made of particle board. Of course I wouldn’t go buy a brand new one for my chickens but thought it would seem like a neat roost if I came across a used one. Agreed that it might need weighted down. Just a thought was all.

My coop is built inside our horse barn. They’re made of particle board. Of course I wouldn’t go buy a brand new one for my chickens but thought it would seem like a neat roost if I came across a used one. Agreed that it might need weighted down. Just a thought was all.
Actually sounds cool and now you gave me another project for my Son or husband to build me..:clap...:gig..:woot

I have what we call roost trees in our runs. I have a 4x4 or 2x4 coming down form the ceiling and then 2' 2x4 mounted with the 1.5" side up and extending out in one direction and 4 of them on the post. They stagger up maybe 18" in height so they can hope their way up to the top. it is supported with a 45° brace also. Only 4 per post or they poop on each other and up to 4 hens can sit on one.

They also help to make them poop more in one spot that can be cleaned more than just the entire run. I don't have a picture, but could get one.

Back
Top Bottom