Cats and Chickens

BovieVei

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 26, 2011
Walnut Creek, CA
Yesterday when I was holding my Black Australorp, my cat turned the side or the house and started jogging toward me, in the hopes of being pet. It just happened to be the time that I let go of my chicken and she flew STRAIGHT at my cat. His eyes got wide and it was a split second before he bolted off!

Funny how he's scared of them now considering he used to sit on top of the brooder and drool.
gig.gif

LOL!!! My cats are the same way! We have 2 and I was so afraid that they'd attack our chickens. Here's one of my kitties on the brooder...
IMG_3625.jpg
IMG_3631-1.jpg

And here's my other girl cowering as the chickens in all their curiosity and playfulness charge her:
IMG_4081.jpg

And today.....the chickens have made one our pet cats "their" pet! Go see here. Buff Orpingtons with their pet cat

I never thought that our kitty Caspian would be the lowest in the pecking order. Hehe!

Last edited:
My cats stalk my chickens around but I have yet to see them hurt them. Wouldn't trust them with chicks. But they typically ignore them unless one is acting frantic or something and sparks their interest

Back
Top Bottom