Cat's fur is getting short?

Ok, I looked at several websites and I don't think it's ringworm. Other than the wound area mom and I only found one other bald spot (more bald than the wound area, since that hair is growing back) and it isn't red, dry, ichy-looking or anything, it's just.....bald. He doesn't seem to have any irritated skin at all. I'm going to see if switching his food and putting on flea meds will stop it. Hopefully it's just fleas or he has some really wierd shedding
fl.gif
. I will also keep my mind and eyes open for anything that might be stressing him.

Wow, has it really been a month? Ok, so put the flea meds on Bat (the cat) and changed his food and watched him. After about a week there was no real change in his fur but my sister noticed he had lost weight (I thought he felt lighter, but I'm bad at seeing lost weight). I thought since I'm so bad and noticing weight on animals and this silly cat is very good at hiding, we had just not noticed that he had lost some weight. My older cat did loose some weight while on that food, which I though was good since she's overweight and the food was formulated for senior cats (mom had picked it out, didn't think to check it's lable was I guess
idunno.gif
).

Well, I gave him some tuna juice as I was making tuna cassarole and the next day...his fur got longer!! Fantastic! It must have been a lack of protein or something caused by him eating the wrong food!! So I waited a few days and gave him some more....then I noticed something...he was still loosing wieght, now I could feel his backbone and ribs a bit. This was NOT a nutrient deficency caused by the other food, I suspeced maybe he was sick or had worms(though how I wouldn't know). I gave him some stuff that's suppose to kill sickness and worms (and just about everything bad) and about a week after, today, I checked his weight again. He's gaining weight!!!!
wee.gif
I can't feel his backbone or ribs like I could before, so whatever it was, it's gone now
celebrate.gif

I just wanted to thank you all for helping me figure out a plan and get my head on straight
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom