Cats??? Help Needed

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by rnoyster, Nov 1, 2009.

1. rnoyster

rnoyster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    Conway, South Carolina
    Ok All, I need some answers for a problem that has arisen here at my home.

The DW has two cats that have been raised inside the house almost from birth. One is about 10 years, the other is about 8 years old, both are neutered males.

Suddenly, in the last few months, one of them (we think that it is the younger of the two) has taken to spraying all over my clothes. Always in the same spot, but only my clothes. We have tried the spray to keep them away from that spot, but they don't seem to be phased by it at all and continue to spray the clothes.

Does anyone have any clue as to what the problem may be? DW loves them to death, but as far as I'm concerned, if it continues to happen, their destiny doesn't appear to be too good!!

Dick

2. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

He may be claiming you as his. The only suggestions I have to fix the problem are to put your clothes somewhere else, or don't let the cats in the room where the clothes are.

3. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    Could be a urinary tract infection, common in male cats, or could be something in the urinary tract. I would take him to the vet to rule out anything physically wrong with him. At that age, it could also be something with the kidneys

4. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    You need to check into a urinary infection and/or bladder stones.

5. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

Quote:I agree, I have tall hampers now because one of my girls feels the need to pee on clothes. As long as the clothes are picked up, there is no problem!

6. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:I agree.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by