Caught cat in coop

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by joanm, Sep 25, 2007.

1. joanm

joanm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2007
    I don't know why she was so interested in the coop, she's never done that before. A little while later she had jumped on the roof!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. joanc

joanc Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2007
    Shafer, MN
    I too have kitties that like to go in the coop-only they usually only go in there or the pen when I'm right there because they are afraid of the chickens. The chickens are bigger than them and the chickens go after the cats. The cats learned the hard way what a chicken beak feels like! :eek:

3. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    All our cats learned the hard way to leave the chickens alone but some of the kittens like to go into the coop and eat some chicken feed?? [​IMG]

4. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

My cat is scared of the chickens too. She goes to the smaller coops and drinks their water while all the chickens gang up on her food and water dish to eat all the food and drink half the water, just to leave dirt and yucky stuff in the bottom if they don't go tip it over before they leave.

5. BlueDevilGirl67

BlueDevilGirl67 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 30, 2007
    Central NC
    My cat gives the chickens a wide berth and has been chased by the chickens. she gives new meaning to the word chicken:lol:

6. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Most of my cats stay clear of the chickens. I have one kitten though that likes them. He will go lay beside their fence. One hen would go over to pick him and he would bat the fence then she would leave him alone. Now he lays there and the chickens ignore him.

7. joanm

joanm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2007
    My cat used to harass my chickens but she got tired of being sprayed with the water hose!![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by