Hi there all! I had a 9 month old Light Brahma that died suddenly (very sad--in my 10 year old daughter's arms) on December 31st. She was acting completely normal the previous day, and had a full crop when she died. We submitted tissue samples to try to figure out what happened, and her liver samples came back with severe, sudden hemmorhage and necrosis. No cancer found and no evidence of bacteria/infection. I am thinking that she somehow got into a toxin of some kind. The remainder of the flock (32 hens) seem fine and no more have died. They are free range but are quite limited this time of year due to the snow--not really anything for her to get into except hay we feed our horses. She was free choice fed an organic 20% layer food with regular table scraps. The food looks and smells fine. Does anyone have any idea of what could have happened--we want to prevent further deaths of our beautiful pets. Thanks in advance for your time.