Cautiously optimistic

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by debilorrah, Jan 7, 2009.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I went and posted a month ago or so that the strike was over and I was dead wrong. Yesterday we never checked for eggs, and today there were 5. FIVE!!! 6 layers. Since the end of October we have not had more than 2 in one day and if we got 2 there were none the next day. [​IMG]

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Keep that multitude of fingers on all of your hands crossed. We'll hope for more eggs.

We had 8 yesterday... 4 today. Lazy buggers.

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I have 6 layers and the 2 EE's are clearly on strike. So 5 eggs in two days is AWESOME. I also have 6 pullets that are 20 weeks on Saturday, 4 BO's and 2 RIR's - could be any minute....

4. allisojo

allisojo Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2008
    Nuevo Mexico
    Have had three eggs in the last four days from my 21-week-olds (their first) - a nice green one from my EEer too. The rest are still too young, but life is looking up here! I'm keeping all my digits crossed for everyone!

5. mainchick

mainchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Southern CA
    Lucky, I got none here.

6. sara

sara Title Needed Here

My birds are finally getting the idea to lay again too. It's very exciting! Soon I may not have to buy eggs to eat [​IMG]

7. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    YAY Debi! I'll keep my fingers crossed with all of yours that they keep it up.

We got our first dozen-egg-day this week, and it was so exciting! We've had 5 dozen and 11 eggs so far this year. [​IMG] We've got 27 at or nearing laying age.

8. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    My fingers are crossed. [​IMG]

9. bearz

bearz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Wow. I feel lucky. We're getting between 12 and 16 eggs every day and hopefully more soon.

10. Rustywreck

Rustywreck Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm lucky too I guess. My 14 hens are putting out 12-14 eggs each day.
    Maybe their 50-60 degree coup helps.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by