Cayanne pepper?

Srod79

Songster
Apr 2, 2018
Kansas
So, we have been trapping and trying to thin the predators, we are country and have all sorts. I have been thinking of sprinkling Cayanne pepper around the perimeter of our bird barn so that of anything comes sniffing, they won't be able to smell for a week...has anyone done this or does anyone have any thoughts???

Thanks!

I haven’t done that but that is a good idea
So, we have been trapping and trying to thin the predators, we are country and have all sorts. I have been thinking of sprinkling Cayanne pepper around the perimeter of our bird barn so that of anything comes sniffing, they won't be able to smell for a week...has anyone done this or does anyone have any thoughts???

Thanks!

Thanks!

Never tried it but it's worth a try!!

We did this with our dobermans. I made a paste of hot pepper flakes with water in the food processor & spread it on everything I wanted them to avoid. They had just destroyed the water pump & I don't know how they didn't get electrocuted. So I looked online & found this remedy. It actually works. Capsaicin creme supposedly works too but I was afraid it might hurt them. If it works for dogs it should work for other animals. I just reapply after heavy rain or every few months. Good luck.

We did this with our dobermans. I made a paste of hot pepper flakes with water in the food processor & spread it on everything I wanted them to avoid. They had just destroyed the water pump & I don't know how they didn't get electrocuted. So I looked online & found this remedy. It actually works. Capsaicin creme supposedly works too but I was afraid it might hurt them. If it works for dogs it should work for other animals. I just reapply after heavy rain or every few months. Good luck.
My Dad said they used Cayanne in the military for losing the search dogs.
Figure it is natural and won't kill anything, but should do the trick in theory. Glad you found success with yours!

Back
Top Bottom