cayuga duck thread

Pics
Your welcome! I understand, it drove me crazy too! Now I'm going crazy trying to figure out what breed two of my chicks are! Haha!

Oh I know how that is. I've got some unknown chicks myself. I'd thought about separating them one at a time. But I'd have to chase them to catch any (as much as they like me its a look no touch relationship) and I try not to scare them. As of now I hear differences in their voices, but its hard to tell which ones talking. :)

ok, I left eggs in the coop for a week now. guess she isn't gonna go broody so I think I will remove them tomorrow! no ducklings yet.

I got my 6 Cayuga eggs in the mail today :) I'm going to let them sit for a couple days while I wait for the chicks in my incubator to finish hatching. I have pips already but the chicks aren't due to hatch until Sunday. The eggs I bought were laid last Sunday and Monday. Am I right in thinking that I can wait until Tuesday to set the duck eggs? That will put them at 8-9 days old. Or should I clean out the incubator on Monday? I'm hopeful that the chicks will hatch on time, especially since they're already pipping. I really should've allowed for more time between hatches but I got impulsive. Ugh, decisions decisions.

Is this a baby cayuga? I posed a question in the duck thread under sick duck 10 min ago, if anyone can help answer my question & help save her I'd be much obliged!

Last edited:
I think my older Cayuga is a drake. I really thought it was a hen all this time but I see a curl and it defiantly has green face/neck.

excuse the white all over him, they eat Fermented feed. Am I right that Emerald is a drake?

Back
Top Bottom