cayuga duck thread

Pics
My mom picked up my ducklings at the same time and went to set them down and one jumped out of her hand and landed on her little back /: she yelped but seems fine now. She kind of limps a little and keeps messing with her wing. She is still eating and walking around like normal though. Is there anything I should check for or can do for her? I feel awful. They are too big for us to pick up now not to mention they hate it.

Can anybody tell if I have males or females?

Our Cayugas do not want to be held! Lol
We were hoping like our one mallard (pictured above) and the 4 week old Anconas they would settle down and let us hold them.... Any tips?

Also we finally named them! Felix is our Mallard, Jocelyn, Ellie, and Violet (although right now we really can't tell the girls apart!) lol

Our Cayugas do not want to be held! Lol
We were hoping like our one mallard (pictured above) and the 4 week old Anconas they would settle down and let us hold them.... Any tips?

Also we finally named them! Felix is our Mallard, Jocelyn, Ellie, and Violet (although right now we really can't tell the girls apart!) lol

Mine hate being picked up also but they will let us pet and love on them.

Are cayugas supposed to have yellow on there chests as ducklings?? Because mine has none anywhere except a little near the beak.

I assume so since all of mine do... But I'm not sure.. They were sold to us as Cayugas so I'm gonna be irritated if they aren't.

I assume so since all of mine do... But I'm not sure.. They were sold to us as Cayugas so I'm gonna be irritated if they aren't.
I got mine from a place where they don't tell you the breeds. I looked at other breeds online and pics, and my duck looked like a Cayuga the most but it has no yellow as I've seen in some of the pics. I don't know what else it could be.

Back
Top Bottom