Cayuga Duck

Cayuga2

Chirping
6 Years
Jan 25, 2015
I've raised two Cayuga ducks since they were a week old for the past three months. Well one of the ducks got out of the pen and something attack and killed my poor duck. Now I'm worried about my duck that is left. Should I get another duck sound the same age or a baby duckling. Will she accept the new duck. She seems depressed and I want to get her a companion.

Get her another duck ASAP. I think the same age would be great. Make sure its a loner duck tho. If U get bonded ducks they could all mesh. Make users it isn't more than 2. If they are beating up on her then remove them. It mouth nit be good with smaller ducks. But same age would work well

Do you think another breed would work? I'm having trouble finding another Cayuga.

You can get any breed and even pairs or more would be fine. On that is fully grown is best but it doesn't have to be the same age. Getting ducklings is a bad idea because she can hurt them and they don't all just get along. When introducing your ducks go slowly and temporary fencing is great. Let them see each other but not be able to touch for a bit and take it from there slowly introducting them. My flock accepted a new females within 2 days while it took about 2 weeks for them to really accept them male. In the meantime try giving her a non breakable mirror.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom