Cayuga ducklings

Wow, those are really amazing odds for your first 2 batches!

You might want to give it a little more time. With the coming spring that can make it a little more obvious.

I know right?? I feel like I'm the only person who actually got all pullets their first time owning chickens lol. The ones I bought were all female, except for the auto-sex male I bought intentionally. I was expecting at least 2 out of 7 to be male each hatch (brinsea mini holds 7), but not so! Beginner's luck only lasts so long though lol.

I hatched 4 eggs late October and I'm pretty sure all 4 are male. What do you guys think? Sorry about the pictures. I took a video but I can't upload it, so these are screenshots.
The one in the middle (the pic with the 3 walking) looks a little more feminine and the other 2 look like they have flashes of bright green on the wings which makes me think they're male

The one in the middle (the pic with the 3 walking) looks a little more feminine and the other 2 look like they have flashes of bright green on the wings which makes me think they're male

I have been thinking exactly that too. That one has a neck about half as dense as the other 3. Thanks for confirming my suspicions 😁

If you want, you can upload your video to YouTube and post the link here. I don’t see any drake curls yet but sometimes it takes a while. Good luck!

Pick Each one up and hold them. Kinda
Tilt them back a little to make them “quack” if they quack rather
Clear and loudly... it’s a female
But if it’s quiet and raspy.... it’s a male. I also have a family of cayugas! 2 males and 5 females!

Back
Top Bottom