CDC warning

Sprayone

Chirping
Jun 15, 2017
Has anyone seen information about CDC removing our ability to have backyard chickens? They claim that it’s too dangerous because one person has died from salmonella. There are some 252 cases too. They want to stop us from getting around getting our food from the cabal.

Exactly. But if the CDC makes it illegal to have chickens in our backyard, that won't matter.

Where are you seeing anything about new regulations on backyard chickens? The link @dawg53 posted contains factual information about a disease outbreak and how to prevent salmonella. The CDC exists to collect data and provide guidance about public health issues and does not regulate livestock. Laws regarding where and how livestock (including backyard chickens) may be kept are usually made by local government.

That Investigation Notice was posted 24 June 2020. Do you have anything from the CDC that states otherwise? If not, call them and find out for us please.
I was watching Ice Age Farmer on You Tube the other night when he went off on the CDC making it illegal to have backyard poultry. It was late and I didn't check his source. I just did reread the article he was using and didn't see anything about making having backyard chickens illegal. My apologies. He was addressing other issues of concern and he was suggesting that the CDC would/could try to stop backyard chickens as a food source beyond the need to use the "system". He could be right but the CDC was just talking about a rise in salmonella cases as more people are raising chickens now.

Back
Top Bottom