CECIL COUNTY MARYLAND CHICKEN LAWS

heathergurl

Hatching
Jan 11, 2022
Hi everyone! My name is Heather, I have been working with our local council member since August, 2021 to allow back yard chickens in Cecil County, MARYLAND . Currently the rules are pretty hard to find, and when you do find them they are not very clear. however in Cecil county you must own an acre of land to have any animals other than cats and dogs. That means even rabbits are illegal unless you OWN an acre. Pretty crazy for this rural Cecil Tukey.

So coming up Jan 18th at 7pm will be the public hearing for the new bill to be changed. while it is not the best, it does allow those on land of 20, 000 square feet to own up to 8 hens, no roosters. Its a huge start. If anyone is in Cecil county and support backyard chickens, I encourage you to come out and let the council know. Right now we have 5 council members 3 must vote yes in order for this bill to pass, and currently only 2 are for it the other 3 want to vote no! Please consider helping save our chickens. If you cant come out but want your voice heard. Please email the following [email protected] & [email protected] and in the subject line put backyard chickens to be read at public hearing. Make sure you put your name and address so they know your from Cecil county! Together we can win this!!!

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom