Cedar shavings covered in chicken poo

Are wood shavings covered in chicken poo good for mixing in my soil for gardening?

• Total voters
I’m not privy to any more knowledge than you have. Actually jumped in to say thank you for asking the question! I’d read that duck poo/litter refuse is good for gardens but I would’ve (like an ignorant first timer) plopped it on the ground as-is.

So now I’m going to have to start composting (which was a goal anyways but now a necessity in order to quickly deal with duck leftovers). Composting being such a good thing for gardens, it’s still a beneficial use of the poo!

My understanding is that duck poo is not as strong as chicken poo, so can be used much sooner. I'm sure someone on the duck thread could advise. But, if shavings were used as the bedding, I'd not till the shavings into the soil, no matter how much wonderful poop was mixed in! Shavings would be best left on top of the soil if not composted.

My understanding is that duck poo is not as strong as chicken poo, so can be used much sooner. I'm sure someone on the duck thread could advise. But, if shavings were used as the bedding, I'd not till the shavings into the soil, no matter how much wonderful poop was mixed in! Shavings would be best left on top of the soil if not composted.

Exactly; I’m thinking I would’ve dumped those shavings in there and muddled up my garden. So I’m just glad it was covered on this thread.

Back
Top Bottom