Cemani genetics

Theel7

In the Brooder
Sep 22, 2020
I have an ayam cemani who just started laying. I want to find a cemani rooster, but for right now I have 2 roosters a spalsh langshan and a white silkie. What would the chicks look like if I breed her with either of them.

I have an ayam cemani who just started laying. I want to find a cemani rooster, but for right now I have 2 roosters a spalsh langshan and a white silkie. What would the chicks look like if I breed her with either of them.
I’m not sure! I would love to see a mix like that. I just lost my hen but I do have a rooster and have bred some mixes.

I’m not sure! I would love to see a mix like that. I just lost my hen but I do have a rooster and have bred some mixes.
I'm sorry about your hen, I had 2 cemanis but lost them to a fox one night. What kind of crosses have you done and how do they look?

I'm sorry about your hen, I had 2 cemanis but lost them to a fox one night. What kind of crosses have you done and how do they look?
I’m sorry about your 2. I did a Ayam Cemani Silver Lace Wyandotte mix and a Ayam Cemani Speckled Sussex mix and the are beautiful!

Splash over black will give you all blue chicks, white over black will probably give you black chicks with maybe some leakage as you never know what's under the white. The silkie cross will be more likely to keep darker fibro skin but will also have a bit of crest and feathered legs as these are dominant, but will have normal rather than silkie feathers.

Late to the party - I have some 16 week old AC/Large Cochin crosses that look like they will grow up to look like fibro cochins, and some AC/golden phoenix crosses that have varying levels of fibro, from looking like a smaller AC, to one that has some gorgeous golden color leakage coming in.

Back
Top Bottom