Central Florida Poultry Breeders Association Show, Tampa State Fairgrounds, Sat. Mar, 3rd

cmom

Hilltop Farm
Premium Feather Member
16 Years
Nov 18, 2007
Florida
My Coop
My Coop
Central Florida Poultry Breeders Association Show
Saturday, March 3, 2012
9:00am until 3:00pm

Tampa State Fairgrounds
4800 US Hwy. 301 North
Tampa, Florida 33610
---> MAP
Ken Lee, Show Secretary: 352-794-3643
[email protected]
Tom Carey, Superintendent: 352-344-8204
[email protected]

The show is Saturday, March 3rd @ Tampa State Fairgrounds. Entries will be $3 per bird (single show this time). Judges will be Paul Kroll and Bill Zieh, both from New York. I don't have show catalog or entry form yet. They should be ready by the end of next week. I will post them as soon as they are finished.

Last edited:
Thank you for posting this... We had to miss Lake City due to an illness in the family. My girls are looking forward to showing all their chickens at the show.

I'm new at this chicken showing stuff and have a question. Am I to assume by the wording that only breeds with an APA/ABA standard are allowed to be shown and no miscellaneous breeds?

Not all pure breeds are APA or ABA recognized though, and that was what my question was concerning. I've got an Iowa Blue I'd like to show, but they aren't APA yet.

you can enter it as a single combed cleaned leg not as an aov and it will be judged on appearance color etc... Hope this helps and would love to see your bird at the show
big_smile.png

We will have a BYC table with stick on name badges for anyone who wants one. Just look for the table with a BYC banner.

Looking for someone from the Jacksonville area who is going to the show that could pick up a Rhode Island White cockerel for me and bring it to the show.
[email protected]

Well I'll sure look into it. I've shown dogs and horses but never chickens. Is there a cage requirement or are cages supplied? What do you think is the easiest way to wash a chicken? I'm assuming this is something that should be done before a show. . . Any other suggestions?

you can enter it as a single combed cleaned leg not as an aov and it will be judged on appearance color etc... Hope this helps and would love to see your bird at the show
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom