Certified Chicken Addict!!

Foxs Fowl Farm

In the Brooder
6 Years
Nov 24, 2013
Waddell, Arizona
Hello everyone.

I have used this forum many times over the 2 1/2 years t since my chicken addiction started. I thank all of you that contribute information and knowledge for all of us to use.

I have added the culprit that started it all, as my avatar. Marvin, my blue/lavender Salmon Faverolle. He came from a flock of regular Salmon Faverolles. He fooled the breeder to his sex. He sold himself off as a pullet. I paid a little more for the rascal but it all worked out. He is a beautiful guy. Many are intrigued by his size and the breed. I have been offered a "Name your Price" for him. I can't put a price on him. My ladies are pretty, fluffy and bearded. I have had many blue/lavender cockerel offspring.

The breeder roosters he came from had black chests, bellies and tails. I am not sure how the genes work to get his coloring. However it happened, I am happy to have him as part of my flock.

I have many different breeds of chickens that free range together. I am concentrating on breeds that aren't common for our area. Lavender Orpingtons, BBS Copper Marans, Swedish Flower and Coronation Sussex. Of course my Salmon Faverolles too.

I have a shipment of Chocolate Orpingtons on their way. They are supposed to be larger than the bantam breed. I am eager to try for these as well. I am watching some silkie auctions and am always interested in coloring of the birds as well as health. I don't show birds. This is a hobby, a passion and a love for chickens. I didn't know this is the direction wanting fresh farm eggs would take me. I am loving the heck out of it though.
I have found my Lav Orps are weaker compared to my flock. I have researched the culling may partake in the weakness of their health. Most cull for color and feathering and this can take a toll on the birds healthy gene pool. Dunno. Love the color and breed. I will see how I fair with selling once they get breeding.

I sell chicken and duck eggs locally and sell fertile hatching duck eggs on an online auction site. All of these ventures are doing well.

I could go on and on about my journey. In fact I did and the site timed me out. I lost all of my introduction, er uh novel. I get a little carried away.

I have learned so much since I started. I am eager to share and meet fellow chicken lovers/addicts or whatever you call yourself.

Shannon

welcome-byc.gif

Thank you so much. I am very excited to be part of the conversation. The community is great.
I meant to extend this out to everyone that has welcomed me.
yippiechickie.gif
I love these emocons!!!!

Re: Sourland-Yes I have many projects. I have found this to be one of my most enjoyable hobbies EVER! Of course I would love for my birds to help pay for themselves. This is not a cheap hobby by any means.

Back
Top Bottom