Cha Cha Changes

Drakemaiden, thank you for that link! I believe I can use the idea for one of my gardens. Do you use a filter or have it run right to the yard? I feel like despite having a well, water should be used as efficiently as possible. So just letting the washing machine water go has always bothered me. The site you sent made it much easier to understand how to use graywater properly.
Rachel

So far my clothes line is working wonderfully. It's very long and we added a counter weight so that the things do not drag the ground. It's a really neat set up. I walk out of my laundry room, right through the kitchen, about 10 feet, and out the sliding glass door to the back deck. The clothes line is between the deck and a tree. No going up and down stairs with loads of clothes!!!

The one thing I lacked was a clothes pin bag. I've been using a little bucket, but you can imagine how many times I've already knocked it over. So...I decided it was a good reason to cruise the net looking for something a little different. No regular bag for me!!!! I even toyed with the idea of crocheting a bag from plastic bags, certainly that could stay outside even in the rain. This is the one I decided to make, since I have kids clothes that have been outgrown.

http://www.thefamilyhomestead.com/clothespinbag.htm

You can google and find so many patterns!! Who knew?

Rachel

Back
Top Bottom