Chalk hill blue advice

dom1980

In the Brooder
Apr 12, 2017
Hi does anyone have experience of these blue egg layers . We are first time chicken owners and wanted some easy chickens to start out . We have ended up by providence with a white star a Bovan nera and a chalk hill blue . The nera is very friendly , the white star very flighty and the chalk hill a bit nervous .... Not much online about the chalk hill are they relatively easy ? Is there anything I can do to chill the others out ie lots of handling ... Thanks - apologies if I sound amateur , I am lol

Chickens are like people they all have a different personality. Most likely they will settle down after a little time and human contact.

It seems its a hybrid, based on legbars. Guess you found what i did on google - chalk hill blue chickens
I'd have thought spending time with them (reading / listening to music etc) and feeding them treats should help them to at least feel comfortable in your presence. Not all birds will be friendly, regardless of breed / type.

Thanks for that here's a picture

Took me long enough to work out what she was .... But they all get along very well which is good

Back
Top Bottom