Chamelon for sale

Joyfillednomads

Songster
Feb 11, 2021
United States of America
So... my son used to have a chameleon we moved and had to give it away. I saw one up for sale while looking over the classifieds for chickens.
Not sure why people who are selling stuff seem to have no idea about garage sale type selling and price negotiations.
Like incubators, people trying to sell broken incubators at a profit. Saying they are new, but they are clearly not.
If you are selling something... talking to people and price negotiations are apart of it. Don't like reality --> then give your stuff away. Or take to an auction and settle for the outcome.

This is why people pay more to shop at stores. Sellers ->> you are gonna get low balled, expect it. If it's a fair price stand by it. But expect it. Don't get all h€LL bent and offended when someone dares to challenge your pricing.

And yeah if I gotta drive 500 miles or more to get something, borrow a truck or rent one and or a trailer... I might need a break on the price and I ain't gonna sob story that into the equation.

Selling something --> be reasonable & friendly. 😁
Please

Wish there was a customer service rating for sellers... lol
From Saint to nasty to plum drunk off his rocker

Chameleons are not cheap pets.
Breeders put a lot of time and money into their reptiles and it would be especially rude to lowball them. I'm guessing this person is rehoming, and likely paid a lot of money for the chameleon and want to be sure it goes to a good home.
Chameleons are very difficult to keep healthy and thriving so they are going going be expensive.
If you want a cheap pet than chameleons are not for you.

Chameleons (or any living breathing animal) are a lot different to say a used couch. I'll knock off some $$ on a couch if the potential buyer is nice but if you try and low ball me on one of my animals that unlike couches takes a lot of money and time to raise/care for I'll politely decline, be persistent and I will make it clear to look elsewhere. On the odd occasion I'll negotiate within reason but for the most part if I sell a live animal what I ask is what I'll sell for

I take it you wanted to negotiate the price for the chameleon and they got upset?
Chameleons (or any living breathing animal) are a lot different to say a used couch. I'll knock off some $$ on a couch if the potential buyer is nice but if you try and low ball me on one of my animals that unlike couches takes a lot of money and time to raise/care for I'll politely decline, be persistent and I will make it clear to look elsewhere. On the odd occasion I'll negotiate within reason but for the most part if I sell a live animal what I ask is what I'll sell for
It was young. And you pay for up keep when you buy thru stores and shops. I made a close to pet shop offer. Not a low ball. Lol

It was young. And you pay for up keep when you buy thru stores and shops. I made a close to pet shop offer. Not a low ball. Lol
Pet store prices can greatly vary depending on the species and specific store. I'm not sure what you offered, but large chain pet stores will sell chameleons anywhere from $50 to $350. And animals coming from large chain pet stores like those have awful breeding and come from unethical practices. They also usually take awful care of them while they are at the stores. The prices for these quality animals are ridiculous but idividuals who breed them are usually going to charge more because they spend all their time and money on properly caring for them and being sure they're healthy. Breeders typically strive to improve the health of their animals and take great pride in that. They'll also breed for the best looking chameleons.

Chameleons coming from reputable breeders can be around $100 to $600 for some of the fancier looking species. Adults will typically be on the more expensive side.

What I'm saying is, if this person bought a Chameleon from a good breeder or even just got a more expensive species from a pet store, than yeah of course it's not going to be cheap. And I wouldn't expect someone to resell a live animal for much less than what they bought it for.
Again, I'm not sure what you offered, what the price was, the species, or the care but I just don't see why someone not accepting a cheap offer is such an issue.

Back
Top Bottom