Change in Poop - possible sickness? Advice needed

Can it be swollen pearl barley? It looks almost like not digested grains of some kind. Very curious what the answer will be
They do have a similar look and feel. But the duck definitely hasn't had access to any.

Are the little pebble-like poops hard or soft?
They're soft but have a definite structure to them. As it they don't squish and disintegrate like undigested food would.

How old is the duck?

6-7 weeks.

IMG_20200603_192721.jpg

In taking this shot I noticed mucus for the first time here and some bit of leaf stuck to it.

IMG_20200603_192812.jpg

I give it some duck food a couple of times a day and normally oats, peas, corn, sharp sand. Yesterday it had two new foods, a grape and some lettuce (only a small amount, shredded, of which it left most). It also fourrages in the garden and ate a fair bit of soil yesterday afternoon. This is a pretty normal day for it and we haven't had any issues until now.

Behaviourally I have noticed some changes over the past few days. It's been more restless, seemingly hungry all the time. This evening it has been outside for a few hours and not cared that I wasn't there with it. This is a big change in a small amount of time. However no loss of appetite or lethargy as you may expect. It's feathers are all in good condition and it's still preening etc.

The poo in this constancy has been going on for the past 12 hours without a 'normal' poo.

Here's another poo picture (sorry).

View attachment 2174958

Thanks, Alex

This is something that is concerning, sharp sand should never be fed to poultry as grit, its much to fine and often causes a blockage in birds digestive system if fed.

Back
Top Bottom