Change in Poop - possible sickness? Advice needed

I've noticed it attempting to try and eat snails, but I don't think it's been successful and I'm not sure if that's a new behaviour. Other than that I can't think of anything new. Just seeming looking for food most of the time, when say a week ago it wasn't too bothered outside of when I gave it food.

Right I will stop that. I've not been mixing it, but providing it in a separate bowl, if that's any less bad!

No, stop feeding it all together, she should be offered chick grit not sand.

Update: The vet checked the duck over and saw nothing untoward. It had started passing normally overnight. Examining the stools it would appear that it had eaten paper / tissue in a fairly large quantity. I'm to increase its food allowance to reduce its interest in non-viable foods.

Update: The vet checked the duck over and saw nothing untoward. It had started passing normally overnight. Examining the stools it would appear that it had eaten paper / tissue in a fairly large quantity. I'm to increase its food allowance to reduce its interest in non-viable foods.

That is interesting, I have read that around 50% of foreign matter blockages in birds, the owners claimed that their bird was nowhere near anything harmful/toxic, so going off by the owner's word isn't very reliable. Keep us updated.

I guess it had always had access to shredded paper but I'd never seen it pay much attention to it let alone eat it. It's passing very normally at the moment, but I'll be keeping a very close eye on it over the next few days.

Back
Top Bottom