1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Change of egg color in EE?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by jynnjynn, Feb 12, 2011.

1. jynnjynn

jynnjynn Out Of The Brooder

Sep 5, 2010
    I have an 8 month old EE hen who has been laying lovely green eggs since around November, the last week or so I have not gotten any green eggs, but have found an extra, slightly darker than normal, brown egg a few times.

Is it possible that my EEs egg color has changed, or is it more likely that she has simply stopped laying and either the barred rock shes is cooped with laid more than one egg in a day a few times, or my poor little silkie managed to lay a few standard sized eggs?

2. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

An egg may go from light to dark, but it won't change colors. Your BR must be on double-duty. [​IMG]

3. dandelionheart

dandelionheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2010
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Quote:Ditto. When my EE's egg changed colors it was just from aqua to sage (which was just darkening the overlay to the blue really). I think it quite a jump to go from green to brown (unless it was a olive or something). Is your EE's comb still red? That can help you know who is laying too. Hope she kicks back in and you can know for sure really soon. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by