Changed to, My 9 yr old is a chicken addict!

Quail_Antwerp

[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs
11 Years
Aug 16, 2008
Ohio
I went to the library and I checked out several books on chicks and hatching, one being The Better Guide to Hatching.

When I got home my nine year old daughter perused my pile of books and quickly snatched one and took off to commence reading it. She chose Success With Baby Chicks and I can't get her to put it down!!

So today she keeps coming out and telling me things like, "Mom, you don't put wrinkly or dirty eggs in an incubator. " and "Mom, are you sure that your's are in a draft free area?"

And then she asked, "When I finish this book, may I please read Stories Guide to Raising Chickens?"

OMG I created a chicken addict!!
ep.gif
th.gif

Last edited:

Quail_Antwerp

[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs
11 Years
Aug 16, 2008
Ohio
Quote:
My daughter currently has 5 buff Brahma Bantams (Greta is my avatar) and when we went to Meyer on Sept 2 she somehow managed to get me to agree to 3 creole chicks for herself!
gig.gif

She used her own birthday money to buy 3 RIR from TSC this past spring. She was disappointed that they all turned out to be roos. She is currently pleading her case for some RIR hens....
ep.gif
Yup, I think she is a full fledged Chicken Addict!!

She knows I have the 'bator coming and she wants to know if I am going to let her put her own eggs in there!
th.gif

chickiebaby

Songster
12 Years
Jan 2, 2008
western mass
My nine year old does NOTHING but talk about and red about chickens. She's out of her mind. Nine is a great age for facts and enthusiasms, the height of latency and external interests. Legos for some, chix for others . . .

ChicknJ

Songster
11 Years
Jul 7, 2008
Central Florida
uh-oh...you better let her talk to my daughter then...who convinced me she 'NEEDED' silkies...

Ohh I know that one all too well. Guess what I am doing tomorrow? Driving an hour and a half away to pick up Silkie eggs for my 9 yr old son that sez "Mom, can I puleeeeze have a silkie" I would move heaven and earth to keep him this way.​

Top Bottom