Changed to, My 9 yr old is a chicken addict!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Quail_Antwerp, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    I went to the library and I checked out several books on chicks and hatching, one being The Better Guide to Hatching.

When I got home my nine year old daughter perused my pile of books and quickly snatched one and took off to commence reading it. She chose Success With Baby Chicks and I can't get her to put it down!!

So today she keeps coming out and telling me things like, "Mom, you don't put wrinkly or dirty eggs in an incubator. " and "Mom, are you sure that your's are in a draft free area?"

And then she asked, "When I finish this book, may I please read Stories Guide to Raising Chickens?"

OMG I created a chicken addict!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2008
  2. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Good job!!
    Need more chicken addicts!

3. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Hooray! If your daughter enjoys nonfiction, she'll probably end up being a great high school student. [​IMG]

4. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    uh-oh...you better let her talk to my daughter then...who convinced me she 'NEEDED' silkies...

5. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Quote:My daughter currently has 5 buff Brahma Bantams (Greta is my avatar) and when we went to Meyer on Sept 2 she somehow managed to get me to agree to 3 creole chicks for herself! [​IMG]

She used her own birthday money to buy 3 RIR from TSC this past spring. She was disappointed that they all turned out to be roos. She is currently pleading her case for some RIR hens....[​IMG] Yup, I think she is a full fledged Chicken Addict!!

She knows I have the 'bator coming and she wants to know if I am going to let her put her own eggs in there! [​IMG]

6. chickiebaby

chickiebaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    western mass
    My nine year old does NOTHING but talk about and red about chickens. She's out of her mind. Nine is a great age for facts and enthusiasms, the height of latency and external interests. Legos for some, chix for others . . .

7. max13077

max13077 Chillin' With My Peeps

That is sweet!! [​IMG] I wish more kids lived in the real world instead of the video game one.

8. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Bravo!!!!!! love it when the chicken fever strikes young!

9. ChicknJ

ChicknJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Central Florida
    uh-oh...you better let her talk to my daughter then...who convinced me she 'NEEDED' silkies...

Ohh I know that one all too well. Guess what I am doing tomorrow? Driving an hour and a half away to pick up Silkie eggs for my 9 yr old son that sez "Mom, can I puleeeeze have a silkie" I would move heaven and earth to keep him this way.​

10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

She's reading! That's awesome. And some quality material, too, LOL.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by